Employer reference: REF744T
Bluestone Mortgages is a fast growing, dynamic, customer focussed, complex credit lender, focused on supporting disenfranchised customers to achieve their dreams of home ownership. We are on a mission to become the best complex credit lender in the UK and we’re looking for people who are passionate about supporting customers. As well as people who are ambitious, creative and resourceful to help us grow and support an ever increasing demand for our products and services.
We balance technology with personable and empathic people to create a powerful force in the intermediary mortgage market, utilising a holistic approach to assessing our customers' circumstances to ensure we give credit where credit is due.
If you’re willing to roll up your sleeves, contribute to new ideas and believe anything is possible, you’re our kind of person!
The Role & Responsibilities
The role will be responsible for researching, designing, and proposing new products and adaptations to existing products. As well as working with the change team to implement our product development roadmap.
The role will also be responsible for managing BML’s existing product range through product reviews, management information and Product Committee reporting to ensure BML is providing good outcomes for its customers.
- Undertake analysis of new product opportunities and existing product adaptations to determine their feasibility and value
- Create product proposals to be tabled at product committee for approval
- Manage the Product Roadmap to ensure long term visibility of the key product initiatives within BML
- Work with the BML change team to define the requirements for product related change
- Create and manage a suite of MI to be tabled at Product Committee and used monitoring of product performance.
- Create and manage a suite of MI to monitor BML’s performance related to its peers in the market.
- Manage the Product Development and Management framework to ensure that all new products and existing products are being managed in line with the framework designed
- Ensure that all new products and existing products are being managed in line with Consumer Duty
- Support the creation of the Product pack for Product Committee
- Engage with key external stakeholders to validate product ideas and gather feedback both on existing products and new opportunities
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders through the product development process to ensure feedback is gathered and considered
- Support with engaging the wider BML business on our product initiatives and performance
- Liaise with Credit Risk Manager to define lending policy attributable to all new products
- Liaise with finance to ensure proposed products meet our desired financial metrics
- Identify & escalate any product related risks whilst taking ownership
Skills & Requirements
- Proven experience of Product Management
- Proven experience in a mortgage lending environment
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to interact with business units and staff based in remote locations
- Strong process design and implementation skills
- Detailed oriented focused on delivering good outcomes for customers
- Strong analytical skills with experience of using solutions such as microsoft excel
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and a results driven approach to challenges, with a customer service orientation
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.